Summer Term Newsletter - April 2021!
Welcome back to the summer term! I hope all the children have enjoyed a restful break and are ready for the final term. With any luck the sunshine will allow us to take our learning outdoors especially in PE to utilise the field. Please ensure your child has sun cream, a hat and bottle of water with them every day. Please note that staff are not permitted to apply sun cream but we can supervise children applying it.
Staffing structure for this term:
Monday & Tuesday – Mrs Leslie
Wednesday - Mr Lloyd
Thursday am & Friday am – Mrs Leslie
Thursday pm - Mr Lloyd
Friday pm – Mr Dawson (PE)
PE will be carried out by our PE Coach - Mr Dawson on a Friday afternoon. All children must arrive in their PE kit on a Friday. Please ensure they’re dressed for outdoor weather with trainers. This is to limit children moving around the school to get changed and ensures their kit is taken home and washed.
Homework will be set on a Friday and is expected to be handed in or completed online by the following Friday. It will consist of a Maths and English task – either to consolidate learning in class; target work to plug gaps in learning or to extend learning further. All homework and reading will be displayed on the Year 5 Homework page. Anyone who would like a paper copy of the homework please let me know.
- Spellings – although many children are performing well in their spelling tests, many are still making careless errors in their writing. This term I will timetable in some time on the iPads so we can access Spelling Shed.
- To vary the structure of sentences in our writing.
- To use a variety of sentence openers.
- Combine skills in maths to apply to problem solving multi-step problems.
- To consolidate prior learning in Maths - particularly focusing on fractions.
- To read daily and have a secure knowledge of the text they’re reading, making comparisons within and between books.
Any queries please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for you continued support. Mrs E Leslie