Vision and Mission Statement
St Bees Village School aims to promote a caring and stimulating environment where each child can reach their potential through a broadly based curriculum, which caters for the individual’s learning needs and interests. These challenging learning experiences will encourage the development of confidence and independence.
- To ensure that each child can develop and achieve his/her full potential, educationally, socially, morally, spiritually and culturally;
- To provide a safe and attractive environment where everyone feels welcome, happy and secure; free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- To provide each young person with the motivation and confidence to learn effectively;
- To promote self-esteem, self-discipline, proper regard for authority and positive relationships based on mutual respect;
- To promote a culture of praise and encouragement in which all pupils can achieve;
- To provide every pupil with appropriate high quality teaching through a broad and balanced curriculum which is appropriately differentiated to meet each pupil’s individual needs;
- To teach children to respect themselves and others and to take responsibility for their own action and behaviour;
- To help young people to realise that they are valued members of a global society with a contribution to make to shape the future;
- To create a partnership of support and effective communication between home, school and the wider community;
- To provide young people with an informed view of life and develop a strong sense of right and wrong enabling them to become thoughtful, caring members of society;
- To value each and every child regardless of ability, race, gender or religion;
- To maintain, develop and consistently apply high standards within the school and enable teachers to develop and use their own professional expertise.
If you require a paper copy, please contact the school office: email@example.com