PE at St Bees Village Primary!
Subject leader: Mr Lloyd
Qualifications and training:
- Bachelor honours degree in Primary Education with QTS.
- PE specialism - during degree course.
- What makes a good PE leader?
- Competed at county level cross country and fell running.
- Regular liaison with Active Cumbria, Schools Games Organiser rep and cluster school PE leads on a termly basis for best practice and training purposes.
At St Bees Village Primary School, we recognise the crucial importance of the study of Physical Education (PE) for all pupils. At St Bees, we know that inspiring pupils to achieve and excel in sport and physical activity is what PE is all about. We seek to create opportunities for all students to become more confident in a way that supports their health, fitness and wellbeing. Throughout each year, we provide opportunities for pupils to compete in sport at whichever level they can, as we believe these occasions help our children to develop physically and allowing them to build character, whilst instilling in them an understanding of key values. Such as, learning the fundamental life skill of winning and losing, developing a sense of fairness, kindness and respect for others through physical activity. Within PE, our children develop the skills needed to succeed in a wide range of sporting activities, as well as learning how to lead a healthy and active life style.
"Anything is possible, if you set your mind to it!"
PE In Action at St Bees!
Pupil voice - what do you like about PE at St Bees?
Our Key Stage 1 students:
Our Key Stage 2 students:
Our PE Curriculum Map and Progression