Welcome to Reception
Miss McCarron - Class Teacher.
Miss McClenan - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Kirkham - Support Staff
- Children need a water bottle in school every day.
- We provide a healthy snack of fruit and veg each morning at playtime.
- Children are offered a drink of milk every playtime and this is free until they are 5.
- Please label ALL of your children's clothes (including coats, shoes etc). The children often misplace items of clothing and it is very difficult to return them to their rightful owner without a label in them!
- PE lessons take place every Tuesday. Please send your child to school wearing their PE kits on a Tuesday.
- Children need a pair of wellies to be left in school as we often do lessons and activities outside.
- We go to Forest School one afternoon each week, the children will partake in lots of activities at Forest School related to all areas of the Early Years Curriculum. Children need to come to school dressed in old clothing on this day, which is appropriate for the weather e.g. hats and warm clothes in winter, sun hats and sun cream in summer.
- Homework will be set on class dojo every Monday and will be mainly centered around reading, maths and practical activities to reinforce Maths/topic work etc that we have been doing in class.
- We follow the Read, Write, Inc scheme to teach phonics, reading and writing and Effective Maths to teach Maths. Information will be provided throughout the year.
- We listen to children read in class each week and will send a reading book home every Monday and Friday, please make sure reading folders are sent into school on these days. It is vital that you listen to your child read their reading book and send it back into school to be changed once read. Children should also share their own story books with you at home too to gain a love of books and a wealth of stories to use in their own writing at school. To begin with your child will bring home wordless books, which are aimed at encouraging comprehension skills. Once your child learns to read some simple words in school, the books they will bring home will start to have words in also.
If there is something that you would like to talk to me about you can either message on me ClassDojo or email me via firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm always happy to help where I can!
Let's work together to create a happy, enjoyable and memorable year of learning experiences for your child!
Miss Louisa McCarron