As a school, we believe that by providing children with a high-quality education in English, they will be able to use their writing to communicate ideas in a coherent manner. We understand that through the teaching of writing in English, children will be better equipped when writing in wider curriculum areas.
At St Bees Village School, we intend to:
- provide children with daily writing opportunities;
- develop children’s passion for writing;
- encourage children to write coherently;
- choose a variety of text types which engage and inspire children, providing them with good models for their own writing;
- support children in being ambitious with their vocabulary choices;
- teach children the age appropriate spellings;
- give children the knowledge and understanding of how to use a wide range of punctuation correctly;
- demonstrate how reading and writing skills can interlink.