Year 3 Curriculum- Autumn Term 2020
• Fiction texts- Power of reading texts with related activities.
• Non-fiction texts- Power of reading texts (including instructions and explanations, non-chronological reports, newspaper reports, letters.)
• Poetry- creating images.
• SPaG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) weekly lesson.
• Handwriting- weekly lesson.
• Guided reading- daily activities.
Maths (first half term)
• Numbers to 10 000- counting, place value, comparing, order and pattern.
• Addition of numbers within 10 000- the meaning of sum, addition within 10 000, addition with regrouping in hundreds, addition with regrouping in ones, tens and hundreds.
• Subtraction of numbers within 10 000- the meaning of difference, simple subtraction within 10 000, subtraction with regrouping in hundreds and thousands, subtraction with regrouping in ones, tens, hundreds and thousands, subtraction with numbers that have zeros.
• Animals including humans: keeping healthy- developing knowledge, skills and understanding of nutrition, muscles, bones and joints.
• Light and shadows- investigating shadows, light and reflections.
• Earthquakes- why do some earthquakes do more damage than others? Investigating why it is that earthquakes only tend to occur in particular areas of the world as a consequence of the pattern and movement of the tectonic plates of the Earth’s crust.
• Investigate the causes and impact of one specific recent earthquake in one particular location in the world, where earthquakes occur frequently, before looking more widely at global patterns.