Year 3 Curriculum Summer Term 2019
- Fiction texts- Power of reading texts with related activities
- Non-fiction texts- Power of reading texts (including instructions and explanations, non-chronological reports, newspaper reports, letters)
- SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) weekly lesson
- Handwriting- weekly lesson
- Guided reading- daily activities
- RWI group work
- Length, mass and volume
- Time- telling the time, conversion of hours and minutes, addition, subtraction, duration in hours and minutes.
- Angles- identifying angles, right angles.
- Perpendicular and parallel lines- identifying and drawing.
- Area and Perimeter.
- Plant life
Geography- Beyond the Magic Kingdom: What is the Sunshine State really like?
- This enquiry is designed to enable pupils to gain an understanding of the physical and human
geographical features of a region in North America with which they can begin to compare and
contrast the characteristics of a region of the United Kingdom. It begins by focusing on aspects
of leisure and tourism with which pupils may be familiar both in the United Kingdom and
overseas. Some may even have direct experience of visiting Florida and the Magic Kingdom.
The objective of the investigation is to take the pupils beyond that with which they may be
familiar and introduce them to different aspects of Florida’s physical and human geography.
- Roman Britain (2nd half term)
- Manipulating sound
- Introduction to databases
- Roman-themed art activities using a variety of artistic techniques
- Looking at shell structures
- Exploring structure, pitch and performance
- Batting, bowling and fielding skills