This term in Year 4 we will be learning the following:
- Collect data and enter dater into a table
- Use tallies to collect date using a table
- Read and interpret simple data presented in a table involving terms such as ‘more than’, ‘less than’, ‘the most’ and ‘the least’, etc.
- Transfer data from a graph to a table
- Read and interpret more complex data presented in a table
- Complete a table and interpret the data
- Collect data and present the data in a table
- Transfer data from a table to a line graph
- Read and interpret line graphs with different scales
- Read the values on the y-axis and x-axis given a point on the graph
- Complete a table by reading the graph
- Recognise the relationship between two values
- Express the sum of a whole number and a proper fraction as a mixed number
- Interpret region models of mixed numbers
- Read and interpret mixed numbers on a number line
- Draw region models of mixed numbers
- Mark mixed numbers on a number line
- Reduce the fractional part of a mixed number to its simplest form
- Interpret an improper fraction as an extension of a proper fraction
- Express region models of a mixed number as an improper fraction
- Reduce improper fractions to their simplest form
- Convert improper fractions to mixed numbers
- Add two or three relation fractions
- Subtract two related fractions
- Subtract a fraction from a whole number
- Interpret fractions as part of a set
- Interpret a bar model of a fraction as a set divided into equal subsets
We will be having weekly SPAG and handwriting lessons. In addition to this we will also be conducting guided reading or an associated activity each day. The children will also have a weekly spelling test on a Friday morning.
We will also cover:
Non-fiction Texts including: letter writing, report writing including newspaper articles and poetry.
Fiction-Texts- stories in a familiar setting and imaginative stories.
Electricity: We will be learning how to build electrical circuits, name and identify its basic parts as well as recognise some common conductors and insulators, and associate metals with being good conductors.
Living things and their habitat: We will understand the 7 characteristics of a living thing, observing living organisms around us, make branching databases.
Children will have football lead by a football coach on a Monday, and will be going swimming on a Friday.