Year 3 Curriculum Autumn Term 2017
- Fiction texts- Power of reading texts with related activities
- Non-fiction texts- Power of reading texts (including instructions and explanations, non-chronological reports, newspaper reports, letters)
- Poetry- creating images
- SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) weekly lesson
- Handwriting- weekly lesson
- Guided reading- daily activities
- RWI group work
Maths (first half term)
- Mental calculations using number bonds- addition and subtraction
- Numbers to 1000- counting, place value, comparing and ordering
- Addition and subtraction within 1000
- Using models- addition and subtraction
- Multiplying and dividing by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10
- Fractions- comparing, ordering, adding and subtracting
- Animals including humans: keeping healthy- developing knowledge, skills and understanding of nutrition, muscles, bones and joints.
- Light and shadows- investigating shadows, light and reflections
- Earthquakes- why do some earthquakes do more damage than others? Investigating why it is that earthquakes only tend to occur in particular areas of the world as a consequence of the pattern and movement of the tectonic plates of the Earth’s crust.
- Investigate the causes and impact of one specific recent earthquake in one particular location in the world, where earthquakes occur frequently, before looking more widely at global patterns.