Year One Curriculum Information – Summer Term
- Picture Graphs – Collecting and interpreting data.
- Numbers to 100 – place value, ordering numbers and sequences. Using and applying mathematical vocabulary. Carrying out addition and subtraction facts and eventually simple problem-solving questions.
- Multiplication and Division – Understanding multiplication as repeated addition. Apply knowledge to problem-solving questions.
- Time – understanding this is used to measure the duration of an event. Reading an analogue clock (o’clock and half past)
- Money – Understanding a coin or note of one denomination can be used as the equivalent of another set of coins or notes. The amount of money can be counted in pence (up to £1) and pounds (up to £100).
To write in role in order to explore and develop understanding of character. To write a range of texts in role e.g.: letters, thought bubbles, posters, news report, information texts, leaflets. Focus on extending ideas for writing narratives.
Grammar – Class targets
- To use capital letters and full stops to demarcate sentences and for proper Nouns.
- To use some higher level punctuation (! ?)
Writing should be legible and consistent use of upper and lower case letters.
Understand what makes a plant grow.
Name and describe parts of a plant.
Understand that plants spread their seeds to reproduce.
Understand that plants are grown for food.
Observe experiments and make predictions and conclusions.
Find out the different ways in which travel and transport has changed from the past to the present.
Find out about how cars have changed since they were invented.
Compare travel and transport of the past, present and future.
RE- Special Places
Describe a special place.
Think about other people’s special places.
Describe religious special places.
PE- Games and Ball Skills
Master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching.
Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.
Developing balance, agility and co-ordination.
Learn key music vocabulary.
Listen carefully and recall short music patterns and beats.
Learn how to play short music patterns and beats.